Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and The Artsy Reader Girl. I'm having trouble picking specific books, so I'm going to list different tropes/themes I'd love to combine!
1. Witches/faeries/magic and technology - the Seriously Wicked series does this well
2. Dystopian and historians - imagine someone in a dystopian world who studies the past AKA our present
3. Magical families and genealogy - I was imagining the possibilities for this in the Red Queen series
4. Dragons and literally anything - I just want more dragons; big dragons, tiny dragons, city dragons, etc
5. Mythology and characters who don't care - imagine the gods are really trying to get the main character to do something/fulfill a prophecy, and the character avoids that at every turn
6. Vampires and literally anything - I just want vampires to come back! (I say this as I'm writing a vampire novel)
7. Space and magic - think stuff along the lines of Star Wars, but more magic!
8. Contemporary and happy mental health stories - I just want stories of people living with mental health issues, not killing themselves every other book
9. Main characters and pets - I want to see the main character care for their beloved dog/cat/bird/fish
10. Ghosts and funny - stuff along the lines of Helen in My Plain Jane