1. "Lightning clawed across the sky, tracing veins through the clouds and marking the pulse of the universe itself." - The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White
2. “She had read enough stories to know that the princess and the monster were never the same. She had been alone long enough to know which one she was.” - Girl Serpent Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust
3. “He stole her breath, as stealthily as a pickpocket slipping a silk handkerchief from a pocket, a bracelet from around a wrist, a ring off a finger. So the object was gone before the wearer realized it was taken. One moment she was breathing, and the next she’d quite simply forgotten how.” - Beauty Tempts the Beast by Lorraine Heath
4. "Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we're related for better or for worse...and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum." - The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (it was hard to pick just one quote from Rick Riordan)
5. "One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." - Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
6. "A small fact: You are going to die. Does this worry you?" - The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
7. "Libraries were full of ideas-perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons." Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
8. "To the stars who listen and the dreams that are answered." - A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
9. "It isn't a choice when you don't have the freedom to say no. A yes doesn't mean the same thing when it's the only answer you're allowed." Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart
10. Basically all of Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston, but especially these:
"Royal weddings are trash, the princes who have royal weddings are trash, the imperialism that allows princes to exist at all is trash. It’s trash turtles all the way down."
"As your mother, I can appreciate that maybe this isn’t your fault, but as the president, all I want is to have the CIA fake your death and ride the dead-kid sympathy into a second term."
"Bad thing—Mom, I saw the new art in the hall on the second floor, and I need to know why you allowed a George W. Bush terrier painting in our home."
"One does not foster a lifelong love of Star Wars without knowing an ‘empire’ isn’t a good thing."
"The next slide is titled: Exploring Your Sexuality: Healthy, But Does it Have to Be With the Prince of England?"
"The phrase ‘see attached bibliography’ is the single sexiest thing you have ever written me."
"Listen, I’m telling you right now, I will physically fight your grandmother myself if I have to, okay? And, like, she’s old. I know I can take her."
"The president is sitting down with as many member of the Office of Communications as we could drag out of bed at three in the morning,” Zahra tells him, ignoring his question. The phone is buzzing none stop in her hand. “It’s about to be gay DEFCON five in this administration. For god’s sake, put some clothes on."
"When I caught the stomach flu in the fifth grade, my mother sent a note to school written on the back of a holiday memo from Vice President Biden. Sorry, sir—we were in a rush, and it was the only paper she had on hand."
"Nora, what’s the math?” June says, rounding on her, a slightly frantic look in her eyes. “I majored in nouns."
What are your favorite book quotes?