Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and The Artsy Reader Girl.
1. The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan - really, all of Uncle Rick's books make me laugh out loud, but I finally read this one last weekend, and I was laughing like a hyena!
2. Not My Problem by Ciara Smyth - I got lucky and got an ARC of this book. While it deals with some tough topics, Aideen is an absolute hoot!
3. Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan - while these books generally often dark and bloody, the characters are also sarcastic and witty in such a way that has me bursting out laughing at the worst possible moment
4. The Merciful Crow by Margaret Owen - the main character has a cat named Barf. Need I say more?
5. Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston - I have a whole document full of quotes from this book that are meaningful or make me laugh. I can flip to almost any page and expect to find something funny
6. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows - I would describe this book as The Princess Bride meets British history. The characters are great, but what seals the deal is how the authors add funny comments to the reader throughout the book!
7. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare - like Rick Riordan, Cassie is an author that regularly has me laughing as I read. And while Jace might be the original sassmaster, Emma really works to inherit the title in this book!
8. White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Jennifer's books all have a similar sense of humor, but Layla definitely stands out, and Roth has a special kind of scary/funny going on.
9. I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter - I first read the Gallagher Girls series when I was in middle school, and I was immediately hooked. Cammie and her friends are badass, funny, and love each other so fiercely. This is a must-read series, especially for younger teens!
10. A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall - at its heart, this book is a romance, but boy is it a funny one! The book has 17 POVs, none of which belong to the two main characters. It features everyone from the sibling of a main character to a squirrel and a park bench!
No matter the actual genre, I really love it when a book makes me laugh. It can break up tension and just make me have a great time. What are some books that have made you laugh out loud?
My Lady Jane has been a popular pick this week!ReplyDelete
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-made-me-laugh-out-loud/