Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and The Artsy Reader Girl. This is kinda a hard one. I honestly love where I live now. That said, there are a ton of places I'd love to visit or stay for a few months! Give me idyllic countrysides, foreign cities, and ancient monuments any day!
1. Magical Toronto from A Dark and Hollow Star by Ashley Shuttleworth - Not only does this have the big city fun of Toronto, I would love to explore the fae court and the magical underground!
2. Night Court from A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas - We're first introduced to the Night Court, specifically the Court of Dreams, in A Court of Mist and Fury and I've wanted to visit ever since!
3. Scotland from This Scot of Mine by Sophie Jordan - There are so many places in Scotland that I'd love to visit! Edinburgh would be a most-stop, but I'd love to see the countryside as well!
4. The Witchlands from Truthwitch by Susan Dennard - I maybe wouldn't want to hang around while all the conflict of the series is going on, but once Safi and Iseult have tidied things up I'd love to stop by!
5. Not My Problem by Ciara Smyth - While this book takes place in a specific small Irish town, I'd love to explore Ireland as a whole!
6. Magical London from All That Glows by Ryan Graudin - Emrys is a faery guarding a British prince, but I just want to explore London and occasionally party with a faery!
7. Luna and New Beijing from Cinder by Marissa Meyer - While the first takes place entirely in New Beijing, I'd really love to explore this whole sci-fi world. There's so much to see and learn in the future!
8. Paris from Die for Me by Amy Plum - I'm not particularly interested in the City of Lights itself, but I would *love* to explore the Catacombs under Paris! And while I'm in the city I'd pig out on some delicious food!
9. Egypt and Rome - Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran - Starting in Egypt (AKA one of the places I most want to visit in the world) and then spending the rest of its time in Rome, this book an amazing piece of historical fiction. I will take the modern world over the ancient one to live in, but I would *love* to visit these ancient places in their heyday!
10. Ancient Greece from Daughter of Sparta by Claire M. Andrews - I would love to travel to Greece someday and spend a month traveling around and exploring all the ancient ruins. There's just so much to see!
Where would you like to travel or stay from books? Would you choose a real-world location or somewhere in a fantasy novel?
Toronto is a great place to live. I'd imagine it would even cooler if we really did have magic here. Hehe. :)ReplyDelete
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-places-in-books-id-love-to-live/