Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and The Artsy Reader Girl. Have you ever finished a book and wanted to throw it across the room? Maybe because of a cliffhanger or an unsatisfying ending. Or maybe it just made you so angry that you never want to see it again. We all have books like that, and here are a few of mine!
1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth - I think everyone knows why
2. The Day of the Duchess by Sarah MacLean - As soon as I learned this book featured a cheating spouse (who the heroine gets back together with) I noped it across the room
3. Twilight by Stephanie Meyers - I don't have anything against Twilight specifically, but every YA paranormal is compared to it, like YA hasn't progressed over a decade or anything, and I would like that to end
4. Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer - I had to read this book for class and absolutely hated it
5. The entire Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - I've never liked the books, especially because as a bookish child everyone tried to make me read them, and her transphobia/racism is the icing on the hate cake
6. The Awakening by Kate Chopin - This classic novel punishes the main character for exploring her sexuality (by making her commit suicide at the end) and that is a big nope for me
7. The Things You Kiss Goodbye by Leslie Connor - This book would have been a really enjoyable read if not for the stupid twist at the end
8. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven - Can someone say 'crappy representation of mental illness' loud enough for everyone to hear?
9. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - Lots of anti-Asian racism to be found here
10. Frat Girl by Kiley Roache - The book seems like an actual critical examination of the dangers of Greek life (specifically fraternities) but ends up celebrating it. Throw this book (and all fraternities) into the ocean please and thank you
Have you had any books that you just can't stand? Where any time someone brings it up you think "ugh, that book"? Let me know in the comments!
Twilight was on my list, too.ReplyDelete
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-id-gladly-throw-into-the-ocean/
I really Enjoyed the first 2 books and I’m looking forward to reading more books by those author! Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete