Thursday, November 13, 2014
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
2. Post the award’s logo onto your blog
3. Answer the 10 questions you’ve been asked
4. Nominate 10 bloggers
5. Set 10 new questions for your nominees.
Thank you Em @ The YA Book Butterfly for nominating me!
1. If you were deserted on a desert island, what 3 authors would you want with you?
I'd probably want to bring the authors most likely to be able to get me off the island, or at least help me live as long as possible. Carrie Ryan seems to have done well with zombies, so she can probably be helpful. Ally Carter has GOT to have learned a thing or two from writing the GG and Heist Society books. And Amy Plum would be good to have around if the survival stuff in After the End is any hint, also, she speaks French which might come in handy.
2. If you had to go back in time and live in a different time period, which time period would you choose?
I really prefer the present, but if I had to choose, I'd love to see Ancient Greece and Ancient Egypt!
3. Last book you had a love/hate relationship with?
Probably Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo. It was really good, up until the end where it A) fell flat and B) had the relationship stuff all wrong.
4. Favorite book that is outside your usual realm of reading?
Definitely The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. I generally dislike non-fiction, but I picked this book up a few years ago and couldn't put it down. In short, it's about a woman named Henrietta Lacks who got cancer in the 1950s and passed away. The end. Right? Turns out, the doctors took her cells, which reproduced abnormally fast, and sold them for research. To the science community, they were known as HeLa. There are now so many of her cells out and about that have been used for research that that could wrap around the world TWO AND A HALF TIMES!
5. Book that you loved that you think should get more attention?
Easily Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins. That book is just made of perfection. Also A Girl Named Digit by Annabel Monaghan.
6. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
I have a couple favorites. They are: The Fault in Our Stars, The Book Thief, and Catching Fire!
7. What is your least favorite book cover?
No contest, the cover redesigns for the Lux series. The first ones weren't perfect, but they are SO much better than these!
8. Which author do you own the most books from?
There are actually four authors tied for first with thirteen books. Jennifer L. Armentrout, Rick Riordan, Richelle Mead, and Cassandra Clare!
9. Is there a debut 2015 author's book that you are looking forward to?
Definitely Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I actually just got an ARC of it and am ecstatic to read it!
10. If you read mostly YA, favorite adult book?
My favorite adult book is, no contest, Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen. It was the first adult book I read, and I read it multiple years ago. I really enjoyed it, which makes the release of the sequel in January even sweeter!
Nikki @ Fiction Freak
Nova @ Out of Time
Ivey @ The Hopeless Reader
Stephanie @ Ohana Reads
Meredith @ Pandora's Books
Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books
I give up on thinking of any more. If you haven't done this yet, consider yourself TAGGED!
Now here are the questions!
1. Top book(s) of 2014 so far?
2. Best books with a one-word title?
3. Which book world would you want to live in for a day?
4. Do you prefer reliable or unreliable narrators?
5. Which book are you most looking forward to in 2015?
6. Which dystopian world do you think is the worst?
7. Which food from a book do you want to try the most?
8. What are some of the most beautiful (in your opinion) 2014 covers?
9. Zombies or unicorns?
10. Would you prefer a book set in the distant past or far future?
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Ally Carter is a great choice for someone to get stuck on a desert island with! I haven't read Sweet Evil yet, but now that you say it should get more attention I might pick it up :-)ReplyDelete
(Oh, and I'm adding Red Queen to my TBR right now)