1. Margaret Rogerson (Vespertine) I've heard about her books for years, but Vespertine was the first book of hers I read. I loved it so much that I'm planning to read her backlist!
2. Erica Ridley (The Duke Heist and The Perks of Loving a Wallflower) - I read the first two books in the Wild Wynchesters series this year, and I loved them! I can't wait for more!
3. Alison Ames (To Break a Covenant) This is her debut novel, and I really enjoyed it, even if it totally freaked me out
4. Robyn Schneider (The Other Merlin) - Robyn's books have been on my TBR list for ages, but The Other Merlin drew me in and I knew I had to read it ASAP!
5. Claire M. Andrews (Daughter of Sparta) - Daughter of Sparta is Claire's first book, and It was delightful. I've never seen a Daphne and Apollo retelling before (despite the bajillion greek myth retellings I've read) and it was fun to follow them around ancient Greece
6. Melissa Grey (The Buried) - I was on a bit of a horror kick last fall, and The Buried was definitely creepy! I won't tell you any more so I don't spoil it!
7. Isaac Fitzsimons (The Passing Playbook) - The Passing Playbook contains two of my favorite things: queer teens and soccer! I will definitely be reading whatever Isaac releases next!
8. Britta Lundin (Like Other Girls) - I adored Britta's sophomore novel and look forward to what she writes next!
9. Jennifer Dugan (Some Girls Do) - Some Girls Do features two teen girls falling in love, one an openly queer track star and the other a beauty queen firmly in the closet. The two of them go through I lot and I loved watching to grow into better selves
10. Sophie Gonzales (If This Gets Out) - If you haven't heard of this book, you must be living under a rock. Everyone I know has been hyping it up! It was cowritten with Cale Dietrich, but as I've already read some of his books, I'm just including Sophie as new-to-me!
11. Courtney Summers (The Project) - This book *broke* me. Like almost everyone, I find cults super fascinating, but watching our main character actually get sucked into the cult was painful, even if it was totally plausible
Have you read any of these books? Did you love them? Hate them? Let me know in the comments! Did you discover and new authors last year that you think I should read? Tell me that too!
Post a Comment